Tuesday 28 December 2010

Grishko 2007 Pointe Shoe

I don't tend to wear Grishko shoes, I'm strictly a Bloch girl, but my friend recieved these for Christmas, and very kindly said I could see what I thought of them :)

This shoe has a U shaped vamp, liked by some people, but I personally prefer a V shape. However, it is a very supportive vamp, I would say verging on the constrictive side of supportive, but both my sister and my friend like the vamp, so it could just be me being picky. The shank is 3/4 length, which I like a lot. It is quite a standard shoe, ie, it's for people that don't have weird feet like me! It's quite a light shoe, which I do like, although for it's weight it is surprisingly loud. It claims that the lightness of the shoe makes for an easy transition from demi-pointe to pointe and vice versa, this is certainly true. The platform is a nice size, not too big, certainly smaller than the Bloch Amelie, but that's because this isn't a beginners pointe shoe. It still has the feeling of being a steady shoe, I have come across some that had small platforms that I felt slightly unsteady in. It is also a very comfortable shoe - definate bonus there!

I like it's appearance, but then again, I like the appearance of pretty much all ballet shoes! I could be picky and say that I like the look of the V shaped vamps better, but I do like the overall look of the shoe.

 

Callie xx

1 comment:

  1. I had Grishko 2007s, but personally, I didn't feel like they made my feet work; I felt kinda propped up there with the 3/4 shank. They *are* very comfortable, but they make it really easy for me to go way over my platform. I recently tried Freed Classics DV Wing, and I love them!! They go soft in the box pretty quick (glued 'em a couple times) but they are awesome. I do agree they are pretty expensive for a student shoe, but if you had Grishko 2007s and are looking for something similar but more supportive and that fits like a glove, go for Freed! :) Btw, awesome blog Callie!
    ~mimi

    ReplyDelete