Monday 27 December 2010

Bloch Amelie Pointe Shoe

I believe that this shoe was formally known as the protegee.

This is an intoductory pointe shoe, or so it says on the box. I personally would be happy to dance in it now, although I recognise that it is probably meant for somebody just starting en pointe.

It has a large platform, larger than your average pointe shoe, and wider too, which makes balancing much easier, a definate bonus for somebody just starting pointe work. It is claimed that it has "noise reducing foam" but it makes the same amount of noise as my normal pointe shoes (I had my sister dance at the same time, and my brother listen. He says that there is no definate audible difference.) It has a much softer insole than more advanced shoes, which I personally don't like, but would be good for a beginner as it allows the foot to move and work in the shoe easier. It also has a graded shank to allow beginners to rise onto pointe more easily.

The look of the pointe shoe is nice - perhaps not as nice looking as the most expensive of pointe shoes, but as this shoe is for beginners and is retailed at below £30 the look is good for it. The satin is shiny, and the slight v shape of the Vamp (slightly more pronouced than other shoes I have seen) makes the foot look longer and is more flattering to the foot than more rounded vamps I have seen.


Peace Out,

Callie xx

1 comment:

  1. These were my first Pointe shoes and I absolutely adored them!! They were lush! Wish I could still dance in them. Check out my blog :)

    ReplyDelete