Monday 27 December 2010

Bienvenue a mon blog!

Hihi, I'm Callie, an overexcitable American from Brooklyn currently living in the UK. Where, I shall not disclose. Well, I wouldn't want a creepy stalker, would I?

I'm a dance student, classical ballet predominantly, but also some ballroom if my dance teacher is feeling particularly mean (me+heels+dancing=epic fail).

I've recently done my toes in, and have been told no pointe work for a month, how boring! Demi pointe just doesn't cut it once you've been on actual pointe for five or six years! So, to get my pointe "fix," I've started this blog, and joined a bunch of forums! This blog will be me, my computer, and me trialling a whole ton of pointe shoes that I've recently bought and won't be able to dance in for a while. Therefore, I shall be trying them, (very, very briefly!) posting what I think of them, and hoping that somebody else out there will have danced in them properly and be able to tell me what they think of them for actually dancing in them!

So basically, this is a site for pointe shoe reviews - for students! Most of the reviews out there are aimed at professional dancers or amateur dancers, no in between, or so I think anyway!

I'm also going to try and post tips and tricks that my teacher has taught me that may not be so mainstream, and also do reviews of some other ballet items - and put instructions up about how to make a tutu (courtesy of my mama!)

Peace Out,

Callie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment